Neurology specialists diagnose and treat problems with the nervous system, spinal cord and brain. The neurologist works with patients who have headaches and other types of pain that affect their daily life and make it hard for them to function day to day.
Make your appointment today with your primary care doctor to determine whether you should be evaluated by one of Doral’s highly qualified neurologists in Brooklyn, NY.
WE ACCEPT MEDICAID, MEDICARE, HMOs AND MOST OTHER INSURANCES
A neurology specialist understands the causes of problems with your nervous system and the best treatments for your condition. If you are having headaches, the neurologist will work with you to determine the cause.
Neurologists evaluate and treat these conditions (and others):
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Balance problems
- Cerebral palsy
- Cluster headaches
- Falling frequently
- Infections of the nervous system
- Injuries to the head, neck or spine
- Memory loss
- Migraine headaches
- Multiple sclerosis
- Nervous system problems related to diabetes
- Nervousness that you can’t control
- Speech problems
- Tension headaches
- Vision changes
A Full Range of Services
Through a comprehensive approach towards wellness care, Doral Health & Wellness provides some of the highest quality healthcare for the elderly.
What to expect when you see a neurologist
The neurology specialist will review your medical chart and discuss your symptoms with your other Doral doctors. Based on your condition, the neurologist will order tests and prescribe the treatments that are best for you. Your Doral neurology specialist may refer you to other specialists for problems that are affecting your nervous system:
- Bariatric surgeon for obesity treatment
- Endocrinologist for diabetes and other hormonal problems causing problems with your nervous system
- Ophthalmologist for treatment of eye conditions that cause headaches
- Orthopedist for problems with your bones and joints
- Pain management and physical therapy specialists
Your neurologist will discuss with you the best combination of treatments to relieve your discomfort and return you to health.
Your doctor’s qualifications:
A neurology specialist has the following education and credentials:
- Medical school, followed by several years of training under experienced neurologists
- Qualifications for a license to practice medicine in New York State
- Additional training and board certification in neurology
Doral Health & Wellness cares about you
At Doral Health & Wellness, we are proud of our commitment to the Brownsville and East New York Community to provide integrated, interdisciplinary health services in a progressive medical facility dedicated to the health and well-being of our patients. We partner with insurance companies, managed care organizations and hospitals in the area in order to treat our patients with the highest level of care and respect.