About Pulmonology Specialists
A pulmonologist treats conditions and diseases that affect your lungs and breathing. Your Doral pulmonologist is a specialist who evaluates your lung function, diagnoses short-term and chronic diseases of the lungs, and treats conditions that affect your breathing. Your lungs supply oxygen to the blood so that it can be pumped by the heart throughout your body to all of your tissues and organs. Your heart also helps bring carbon dioxide in the blood back to the lungs to be breathed out of the body.
Make your appointment today with a Doral pulmonologist to get the care you need from the best pulmonologists in Brooklyn, N.Y.
WE ACCEPT MEDICAID, MEDICARE, HMOS AND MOST OTHER INSURANCES
Lung problems range in seriousness from colds and infections to problems such as emphysema and lung cancer.
Doral pulmonology specialists diagnose and treat these conditions and others:
- Chronic coughing
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Difficulty breathing
- Lung cancer
- Sleep problems related to poor breathing (sleep apnea)
What to expect when you see a pulmonologist
Your pulmonologist reviews your medical records, discusses your health and medical problems with your other doctors and medical professionals, performs tests to diagnose your lung and breathing problems, and provides treatment and therapies for your lungs. Smoking harms the lungs and other parts of the body, so your pulmonologist may refer you to other professionals who can help you stop smoking.The pulmonology specialist also may need to refer you to other types of medical professionals who can help manage lifestyle habits and health problems that are affecting your lungs. Here are a few examples:
- Allergist to evaluate and treat allergies
- Endocrinologist for obesity related to hormone imbalance
- ENT (ear, nose and throat) specialist for breathing problems in the nose and throat
- Nutritionist for advice regarding food and diet
Your Doral pulmonologist conducts tests and provides treatments for patients with lung diseases:
- Blood tests to measure oxygen and carbon dioxide levels
- Blood pressure measurements
- Echocardiogram (ECHO)
- CT scan of the lungs
- Lung biopsy
- Medications and treatments to improve functioning of the lungs
- Pulmonary (lung) function tests
- Stress test
- X-rays of the lung area of the chest
A Full Range of Services
Through a comprehensive approach towards wellness care, Doral Health & Wellness provides some of the highest quality healthcare for the elderly.
Your doctor’s qualifications:
A pulmonology specialist has the following education and credentials:
- Medical school, followed by several years of training under experienced doctors
- Qualifications for a license to practice medicine in New York State
- Optional board certification in nephrology
Doral Health & Wellness cares about you
At Doral Health & Wellness, we are proud of our commitment to the Brownsville and East New York Community to provide integrated, interdisciplinary health services in a progressive medical facility dedicated to the health and well-being of our patients. We partner with insurance companies, managed care organizations and hospitals in the area in order to treat our patients with the highest level of care and respect.